Typically, our customers are creatives and innovators that need computers simply to help them get on with what they do—they are mostly designers, printers, PR agencies or home workers and our mission is only to help them achieve their goals. IT companies often have their own agenda; to over-complicate things and cultivate clients’ dependence on them; to impose their well worked methods; or to sell equipment.
We could provide a long list of stuff we do but basically we are here to solve your IT problems and to help you to get the best from any system. Sometimes (or maybe usually?) turning it off and on will fix a problem but when doing that three times a day becomes tiresome, you need professional help. Besides fixing problems we also create and manage websites, help in planning for disaster recovery, advise on buying or upgrading tech.
- Telephone and remote support
- On-site services (in East Sussex & West Kent), installation and training
- Service on an ad-hoc basis or under a service agreement (see current price list for ad-hoc rates).
We get Information Systems working for your company rather than against it. Helping you focus on your core business (see Support Contracts).
Website maintenance and publication ~ if you are interested in a quotation for your new website or if you just need a slight alteration to an existing page, please contact us – we can be extremely flexible whilst remaining very cost effective. see examples
Terms & Conditions Apply ~ download pdf
Our preferred solution for email and cloud services is Google’s G-suite.
Sign up here for a 30 day trial of ‘G Suite’ the new name for Google Apps for Work and get 20% off the first year when you email us for a coupon code.
For Mac users and in mixed environments, we believe that the best solution for business email at this time is G Suite. It’s incredibly reliable, has the best spam filtering, works 100% across all platforms and mobile devices and costs less than competing services. It’s also great for cloud computing, collaboration and online storage which works similarly to DropBox. Each user gets 30GB of storage for email and documents. For more advice on G Suite use the contact form.
Our sites are developed using the WordPress platform, as are over 60 million websites and blogs worldwide. WordPress gives you a head start with themes created by world leading web developers and designers. There are thousands of gorgeous WordPress themes available and a vast support network to keep your site fresh, up to date and secure–it’s the most cost effective way to have your site up and running.
Why use WordPress?
- Security – Patches are applied automatically to keep one step ahead of hackers.
- Design – Our themes are built by the world’s leading web developers and designers.
- Versatility – Supported by 99% of hosting companies worldwide.
- Fully customisable – Add your own logos, colours, branding, fonts etc.
- Easy – WordPress is used by 50% of bloggers because it’s so easy to keep updated. Users can log in to edit pages or add content.
- Extendable – Thousands of plugins are available to easily add features and widgets to any site e.g. eCommerce, Twitter feeds, SEO, forms, feedback etc.
- Mobile friendly – Increasing popularity of mobile devices for web browsing means you need your site to be responsive to different screen sizes. Wordpress will detect which device is being used and adjust the layout for the best user experience.
- WordPress is used by… CNN, New York Times, Forbes, Reuters, GM
Microsoft have done a great job of designing Office 365 to look good but the underlying software is very slow and buggy compared to Google Apps. Migration – even from from other Microsoft platforms like SBS2003/7 – can be a nightmare. It doesn’t work fully with older versions of Outlook (2003) – no contact or calendar sync. It won’t easily migrate from an Exchange server that uses a self signed certificate. It won’t directly import .PST files although you can send them to Microsoft and they will do it for you at $4/GB. The easiest way to import addresses from an Outlook NK2 file to Office 365 Contacts is via Gmail.
Before engaging a service provider to repair your broken Mac/PC consider all the options. Apple and most Authorised Service Providers will happily reformat your hard disk, install a clean system and return it as repaired. They rarely attempt to preserve the personal content or configuration of your machine.
We can transform your Mac or PC with a Solid State Drive (SSD) replacing the existing Hard Disk. Everything works so much faster, including browsing the web and opening applications. Prices come down all the time and it’s now far and away the most cost effective upgrade you can buy for your PC or Mac.
We don’t want to give a false sense of security but our success rate in data recovery is about 90%. Data backup although tedious and boring is very important, if you have lost data however…
…it’s very likely we can recover your lost files from hard disks, flash drives and optical media.
We don’t just fix things, we make them work–together. In a world where seemingly everything is networked, finding the cause of a failure can be frustrating but we’re here to take ownership of your IT problems and get everything working together.